ekehehoz 3 weeks
yliqinowu 3 weeks
Faulk7091 5 weeks
Civilizations
Campaign Guides
Weekly Clan Game
Join us for our weekly clan game on fridays! More information below:

Fridays @ 12:00PM PST / 3:00PM EST / 8:00PM GMT

Please be sure to have the latest patch and scenarios to play with us, links for those are located on the homepage. Please meetup on our Discord a little early for pre and post-discussion! Thanks!
View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
AOE ROR OSX MAC [RELEASE] El Capitan 2015 [UPDATED 11/29/15]
AKC_Pico

UPDATE 11/29/15: NEW UPDATE FOR OSX EL CAPITAN!

Hi folks,

Since I'm always on Mac for my work, I decided to port over Age of Empires: Rise of Rome for Mac OSX. You can find the download here:

OSX El Capitan (11/29/15): http://pico-games...load_id=36

OSX Mavericks (06/03/14): http://www.pico-g...load_id=35

All features work. Works on older versions of OSX as well. Multiplayer works. Graphics work, but sometimes a black screen shows up in the menus, just hit your Enter key and it goes away. Gameplay itself is flawless. This is already cracked, no CD required. This version includes the latest Age Knight Clan Scenario Pack.

For those of you who have Mac, enjoy!

Questions? Support? Post here.

AKC_Pico
Clan Leader

www.pico-games.com/downloads/images/screen_shot_2014-06-03_at_103819_pm_thumb.png
Edited by AKC_Pico on 29-11-2015 11:46

pico-games.com/images/akcpicosignature3.png

www.pico-games.com/images/pico_sig2.gif

www.pico-games.com
AKC_Doom
So would this allow people on PC to play against those on the mac? Good work.... although I will probably never use Mac myself :P

pico-games.com/images/akc_signature.png

www.com
AKC_Pico
Yuppers. This may be useful for those like me who switched completely to Mac's OS. If anyone has any bugs or issues, let me know, and I'll fix and update as soon as I can. So far I've put in several hours since yesterday, both Single Player and working in the Scenario Editor - all works very smoothly. I'll hit up GameRanger tomorrow and see how smooth it works there, I might need to get in touch with Scott and see if Gameranger is going to be able to detect my port, or if I can point to it. Should not be a big issue.

-d.

www.pico-games.com
apex Q
Hey man glad you released this as i had no other way of playing ror :p
But when i go on game ranger it says i dont have the game and also does anyone even play ror on GR nowadays?

apex Q
oh my bad just read all the replies to this thread, well hope you can fix it soon but anyway great work with it so far smile

Ps. i dont know if you remember me i played with you guys about a year back as AKC_Apex

truongthaison
AKC_Pico wrote:

Hi folks,

Since I'm always on Mac for my work, I decided to port over Age of Empires: Rise of Rome for Mac, latest release: Mavericks. This works on the latest OSX as of 6/3/2014. You can find the download here:

http://www.pico-g...load_id=35

All features work. Works on older versions of OSX as well. Multiplayer works. Graphics work, but sometimes a black screen shows up in the menus, just hit your Enter key and it goes away. Gameplay itself is flawless. This is already cracked, no CD required. This version includes the latest Age Knight Clan Scenario Pack.

For those of you who have Mac, enjoy!

Questions? Support? Post here.

AKC_Pico
Clan Leader

www.pico-games.com/downloads/images/screen_shot_2014-06-03_at_103819_pm_thumb.png

I do not play the game.
How to install? Please guide me!!!!

When I join the game then black screen:
i.imgur.com/i8mxgZn.png
and
enter name the black
i.imgur.com/lWQuoOa.png

This is the image to create new game

i.imgur.com/O3WTl4y.png

And not make gaming room.

Please guide me!!!! smile

AKC_Pico
Hi mate!

The screenshots you show are graphical issues with the port. The first black screen can be removed with a simple push on your "Enter" key, the name text is black so you can't "see" it, but you ARE typing, so go ahead and type what you want. Same deal for the multiplayer, go ahead and type and hit enter - all should be OK.

Thanks for downloading our port!

Pico

www.pico-games.com
truongthaison
Hi!

After clicking the Create game. Do not download anything else and not in the game. How to fix?

AKC_Pico
Could you explain more in detail what you're doing and what your trying to do?

Pico

www.pico-games.com
truongthaison
AKC_Pico wrote:

Could you explain more in detail what you're doing and what your trying to do?

Pico

Hi Pico.

i don't create game room.

Here:
i.imgur.com/O3WTl4y.png

AKC_Pico
Looking into this..

www.pico-games.com
CommanderCody01
Hi there, I'm really glad I found this site! I've been itching to play the original AoE for years, I've been on Mac for almost 8 years now and have only found a port for AoE2.

Anyways, I downloaded and opened the app just fine.

When it loads though, the screen is all jumbled and pixelated, and once i hit enter enough times to start a random game, the top half of the screen is all white and distorted.

Screenshots:

https://www.dropb...4%20AM.png

https://www.dropb...6%20AM.png

Any help with this? Thank you!

AKC_Pico
Hi Commander!

Thanks a ton for the post and screenshots - glad you found us. Looked at the screenshots, crazy stuff, I'll need some more information:

- Type of Mac you're using
- OS name and version

That's pretty much it, I'll take a look as soon as possible when you get me that information, I might email you too and send you a few "revised" versions of the game to see if they work any better for you. (if you don't mind being a lab rat for us) :-)

Pico

www.pico-games.com
CommanderCody01
Hey, that'd be great! I'm gone for the weekend, but will be excited to try a few things out when i get back Sunday night.

Running OSX 10.8.5 Mt. Lion. I would prefer to not have to upgrade to Mavericks, as I tried once and it kind of wrecked my system :-/ I have a lot of high-power audio software (I'm a music producer), and even though I have all that stuff partitioned to its own HDD, I try to keep both sides on the same OS.

Screenshots of my "About This Mac"

https://www.dropb...2%20PM.png

https://www.dropb...9%20PM.png

Feel free to shoot me an email anytime!

And THANKS for the support and quick reply! Can't wait to get back to the Stone Age once again smile

alexbt
Hi there.

Just downloaded this for Mavericks 10.9.2 on a MacBook Pro.
I'm either getting a black or a white screen. Hitting Enter (Fn & Return is Enter on MacBook keyboard) just brings me through menus that only flash.

When I enter gameplay (being unable to see anything to select what to do), I only can see the bottom 2/3rds of the screen. The top third is just white -- a graphics glitch.

Any idea on what to do?

CommanderCody01
Yeah, that sounds like the same thing that's happening to me :( I think Pico is investigating

CommanderCody01
OK, so I opened it again this morning just to try. I hit Shift+Tab to switch applications from AoE back to my Finder (to exit full screen mode), and voila, the game showed up clear! Don't know how or why.

It seems to be running fine, although I am getting some awkward black flashes every few seconds, and the cursor (mouse) is flashing and jittery. Also, I can't figure out how to get it back to full screen mode! It's windowed only for now.

But at least that's an update……. thanks for looking into this!

Kirrs
Hey so happy i found this, thanks smile

Im on Mac OSX Mavericks and was wondering what there was going for multiplayer? as gameranger is incompatible is there any other way to play??
Thanks

oldgregman
Thanks so much for this! Nostalgia at its best, thank you so much for this port! Much less awkward than sheep saver!
Thanks again

Leotad
Hey guys,

I was so happy to find this community. Everything works just fine - but the multiplayer. When I try to create a game i just get the following (screenshot)
s14.directupload.net/images/140820/temp/qvuryahq.png
also I was wondering if we need hamachi or anything else but the wifi network to play multiplayer.

last but not least, does this version allow us to play with other (windows people) in the same network (if we had the same version of the game - is there a windows version that is compatible to this one?)

thank you so much!

Jump to Forum:
WGFed.com

Discord Server

Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Reddit
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-09-2017 12:05
I am smile

01-09-2017 01:57
Hey Mystic! Join us on Discord so that we can chat and play together! smile

31-08-2017 11:31
Hey guys smile

24-06-2017 11:56
Everyone head over to our Discord! https://discord.g.

19-06-2017 16:44
Can't wait to play some games on Definitive Edition!

18-05-2017 14:52
nice to see the site is still here smile

12-05-2017 05:19
So how many would play?